Welcome to Curious Kids!
Portage Public Schools and Curious Kids are pleased to offer
comprehensive child care and pres-school options for children in our
community. With programs created for the tiniest tots through
middle school-aged children, your family will find the perfect fit at
- Early Learning Center @ Milham – Child care is provided for children 6 weeks until school ageat
our stie on Milham Ave. We are proud of our 4 star rating with
Great Start Connect.
- Infant/Toddler and Transition programs are available at the
Early Learning Center. The sights, sounds and intentional
interactions with our caregivers encourage a positive disposition
and love of learning. We use Creative Curriculum in these
programs. Both our Infant/Toddle and Transition are full-time
only programs for children. This program is available M-F 6:30
am - 6:30 pm.
- Birght Beacon and Safe Harbor - 3 & 4 year old preschool offer
options to meet the needs of your 3 & 4 year olds. Both
develop knowledge, skills and behaviors that prepare children for
Kindergarten. We concentrate on the nine areas of development
and learning: cognifitive, social-emotional, physical,
literacy, language, mathematics, science and social studies and the
arts. These pre-school classrooms use the Creative Curriculum
for Preschool, a research-based learning tool. The OWL
Curricuulm (Opening a Warold of Learning) provides a language-based
experience for children and Lively Letters is used to bring letter
sounds to life.
- School Age Child Care (SACC) is available for children who attend Haverhill and Central Elementary schools. Transportation is provided to and from each of these schools to Curious Kids at Milham. Child Care is also available for students who attend North Middle School. Enrolled students walk to and from school, no transportation is provided. All programs are open from 6:30 – 6:30 Monday – Friday. Meals and snacks are provided. We are located in the Portage Community Education Center at 1010 W. Milham, Portage, MI 49024. Please call 323-6780 for more information.
- School-Age wraparound care in our schools - Child care is provided at the child’s own school. We currently offer on-site care at Angling Road, Amberly, Lake Center, Moorsbridge, Woodland and 12th Street. Child care is available from 6:30-8:35a.m.
and from 3:45-6:30p.m. Monday – Friday. Meals and snacks are provided. Summer child care will be held at the Milham,
Lake Center and 12th Street sites only. For more information, please call 323-6780.
- For more
specific information including fees, please visit our website at
Curious Kids Preschool
offers a Preschool experience for children who are 3 and 4 and who are potty
trained. The teachers are certified and work with the children to help them
develop the social and emotional skills needed to be successful in a classroom
setting. One of our goals is to help make the transition of going to school and
leaving home a smooth one.
Children must be 3 or 4 by October 1, 2015.
Our classes for 3 year olds meet on Monday/Wednesday, Tuesday/Thursday
or Monday-Thursday. Classes for 4 year
olds are offered Monday-Thursday. Parents have the option of enrolling
for morning (9:00-11:30) or afternoon (12:30-3:00) classes.
Registration is now open to anyone in the community. Classes will begin
September 8th & 9th, 2014.
Tuition fees for 2014/2015 are as follows:
2 days a week - $147/month
4 days a week - $263/month
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a tour of the facility,
please contact Sue Haroldson, 269-323-6764 or
For more specific information including fees, please visit our website at