Enroll Your Students Today

Welcome to Portage Schools!

Portage Public Schools conducts enrollment year-round. During the school year, please visit your school to enroll; during the summer with elementary and middle schools closed, you may enroll by downloading these documents and mailing the or bringing them to the Administration Building  8107 Mustang Drive, Portage MI 49002.  

School Readiness Parent Orientation (Parent Night) March 3rd at 6:30pm
Find out about Kindergarten and Young Fives education at PPS. If your child will be 5 years old before September 1st, mark you calendar to attend. Meetings will be held at the school your child will attend. Don't know where that is? Check out our street guide.

Not sure which school your child is scheduled to attend? See the Street Guide.

Check out our Points of Pride.

There are several ways to enroll your students depending on your status:

Residents of Portage Schools

Residents of the Portage Public School District can enroll their students using the forms linked below.

In addition to filling out the forms below, please include photo copies of:

- Student's birth certificate

- Student's immunization record (click here for required immunizations)

- Proof of residence (utility bill, purchase or rental agreement, property tax bill, but not a driver's license)

- For high school students, please provide a copy of the last report card and current schedule to assist counseling with placement. Also, grades to date if enrolling during the school year.

- For Young Five and Kindergarten students, hearing and vision tests should be included.  

- Young Five and Kindergarten students must complete placement screening.

- For students with an IEP or who need Special Education services, please include this form and please call the Special Education department at 323-5010 this summer to make arrangements to begin the process of transferring your child’s records.

- You may be asked to provide the original document in order for your enrollment to be valid, but do not mail originals to your school. If review of the original document is necessary, your school will call you.

Enrollment Form
Transportation Request Form
Transfer of Student Records Request
Internet User Agreement
Parent Medication Authorization Form

Mandatory Concussion Form

Concussion Form in Spanish

Following the completion of paperwork, you may drop-off the required documents to you child's school, or submit them by mail or fax. Click here for a school directory.

Middle School and High School

Middle school students and high school students also need to select classes. Contact your child's school to make arrangements to do so.

Click here to view the 2015-16 Middle School Program of Studies.

Click here to
view the 2015-16 High School Program of Studies.

Will your child play sports this year in middle or high school?  No child can participate in athletics without a current physical exam on file.  Click here for the form to take to your pediatrician.


Non-District Residents please click the link below to be directed to our transfers page.

Non-Resident Transfer Program

Cafeteria Information

Click here for information from our Food Group about requesting free and reduced lunch:

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What if I don't know whether I live within Portage Schools, and if I do, how would I know which school my children would attend?
A: You can check our 2015-16 Street Guide which lists every street in the District along with the schools that service that street. The guide also contains color maps of our elementary, middle, and high school boundaries.

Q: What is the procedure for enrolling exchange students?
A: Call 323-5148 for information.

Q: What if I only have originals of the required documents?
A: If you need help making photo copies of the required documents, you can visit your school office and they can assist.

Q: What is Schools of Choice?
A: The nine school districts in Kalamazoo County (which are all a part of Kalamazoo Regional Educationa Services Agency) have agreed to a release/accept protocol. If you wish to attend a school in a district outside of where you live, you can request release from your district, and if they approve, the gaining district will review the request.